Module 7: Biobase & Ribbond [Self-Instruction – 1.5 CE – AGD Code #250]
In this series of lectures, you will learn what a Biobase is and how it is different from a traditional buildup. You will be introduced to the concept of the hierarchy of bondability and use this knowledge to minimize shrinkage stress and maximize adhesion to deep dentin. To reinforce the dentin bond in areas where the hierarchy of bondability is low, the use of Ribbond as a stress breaker will be introduced, along with a recommended step by step protocol for placing Ribbond as part of your Biobase. There is no commercial support to declare for this event. No prior skill/level required. AGD Subject Code: 250. Click here to read more about references related to this educational content.
- Understand the difference between a Biobase and a traditional buildup.
- Understand the gradual change of dentin composition between superficial and deep dentin and how this relates to the hierarchy of bondability.
- Learn how Ribbond can reinforce the IDS layer to withstand polymerization shrinkage stress.
- See the placement of the Biobase and Ribbond in real patient demonstrations.
- Review the steps for correctly placing the Biobase as well as Ribbond.
About the Speaker
Dr. Steve Schiffenhaus received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Molecular & Cellular Biology from Arizona State University where he conducted undergraduate and graduate research on biomarkers for a cancer vaccine. He is the creator of the Biomimetic Advanced Adhesive Restorative Dentistry (BAARD) institute. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the Academy of General Dentistry Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) through the THE BAARD INSTITUTE. THE BAARD INSTITUTE LLC is approved for awarding FAGD/MAGD credit.
Cost: Courses are complimentary with BAARD membership. Refund policy: All courses are non refundable.
Teaching Method: Self-Paced/Video/Web Mediated Conflict of Interest Statement: Dr. Steve Schiffenhaus is the owner and creator of the BAARD institute.
Lesson Length: 120 min
CE credit: 2 hours (self-instruction)
Release Date: 1/19/21
Review Date: 1/19/21
Expiration/Availability Date: 1/19/24