Module 8: Adhesive Delivery of BAARD Partial Coverage Ceramics [Self-Instruction – 1 CE – AGD Code #250]
In these lectures you will learn the basic concepts of resin-to-resin adhesion and how this plays an important role in securing a strong bond of your indirect restoration to the IDS layer. There is a common misconception that the oxygen inhibited layer plays an important role in bonding composite to composite, but these myths are debunked in these lectures backed by scientific literature. Find out what to do when your resin substrate gets contaminated by blood or saliva over time to confidently get the highest possible bond strengths. You will take these concepts and apply them in the use of resin composites for indirect restoration cementation. To contact us click here. There is no commercial support to declare for this event. No prior skill/level required. AGD Subject Code: 250. No prior skill/level required. AGD Subject Code: 250.
- Understand the chemistry of resin polymerization and how this relates to resin-to-resin bonding.
- Understand the effects of resin contamination on resin-to-resin bonding.
- Compare the effectiveness of different resin decontamination methods on resin-to-resin bond strengths.
- Identify the best methods for bonding to old existing resins.
- Compare the properties of composite resin versus luting resin as a cement for indirect restorations.
- Establish the protocol for bonding a non-retentive CAD/CAM restoration to the tooth using composite resin.
About the Speaker
Dr. Steve Schiffenhaus received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Molecular & Cellular Biology from Arizona State University where he conducted undergraduate and graduate research on biomarkers for a cancer vaccine. Dr. Schiffenhaus completed Dr. David and Davey Alleman’s Biomimetic Mastership program. He is the creator of the Biomimetic Advanced Adhesive Restorative Dentistry (BAARD) institute.o learn more about Dr. Schiffenhaus click here. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the Academy of General Dentistry Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) through the joint program provider approval of DENTAL DIGEST LLC and BAARD INSTITUTE. Dental Digest LLC is approved for awarding FAGD/MAGD credit.
Teaching Method: Self-Paced/Video/Web Mediated Conflict of Interest Statement: Dr. Steve Schiffenhaus is the owner and creator of the BAARD institute.
Lesson Length: 60 min
CE credit: 1 hour (self-instruction)
Release Date: 1/19/21
Review Date: 1/19/21
Expiration/Availability Date: 1/19/24